1. Arrange Singles Events: Dating agencies provide a profit for individuals who agree to arrange singles nights. For a small fee, single men and women plan and execute a successful singles activity such as bowling parties, dining and dancing excursions, dinner cruises and singles bingo night just to name a few. People attending the party have the opportunity to join the dating agency as a member. The more people you sign up the more money in your pocket. You also have the chance to arrange a date in the process.
In addition, many eating establishments and cocktail lounges will pay a small fee for organizing and
hosting singles parties at their places of business. This is a win situation as you make money and meet interesting people while the business owner generates added revenue. Many dating agencies require a service fee and for someone on a tight budget this may be more than you are willing to spend.
Reputable on-line dating sites offer coupon codes for new members. This is an opportunity to save money while meeting new people in your area. Promotional deals and coupon codes are a perfect way to save money when seeking professional dating services.
2. Local Entertainment: Many towns and city park departments host monthly warm weather activities
such as free concerts or outdoor movie venues and theater productions. These excursions provide
a great opportunity for singles to meet while enjoying the local entertainment. All you are required
to bring is a comfortable lawn chair and a blanket. In addition, your local community centers host
various free events throughout the year such as potluck dinners and dances as well as bingo and casino activities.
3. Volunteering: Every region has volunteer opportunities and this is a great way to meet new single
people as well. Charity events such as 5K runs, dinner auctions and charity car washes are always
seeking volunteers to assist with organizing duties. You not only enlarge your circle of friends and meet interesting people; there is no required fee while you are raising money for a worthy cause. Choosing a charity you are passionate about ensures meeting a single person with common interests as well.
4. Join Associations: Joining an affordable fitness class allows another opportunity to meet single people in your area. Your local YMCA and YWCA provide free swimming, yoga and exercise classes. Some centers offer interesting adult education classes at an extremely affordable price such as cooking classes, art and design instruction and pottery just to name a few. Many people do not realize local libraries host several types of community activities including free movie night and singles meet-and-greet events. Joining local business associations such as the Kiwanis Club provides a chance to meet other professionals in your community while widening your circle of friends and associates.
5. Be Adventurous: Art galleries and museums usually charge a small entrance fee while some charge
no fee at all. Museum events ensure easy and wide-ranging conversation topics when taking the
opportunity to meet new people. Many museums host weekend nature walks, hiking excursions and
bird watching tours for outdoor enthusiasts.
6. Bargain Shop: Attending estate sales, garage sales and auctions offer a chance to arrange dates with interesting people without the need for spending money. Meeting someone at a garage sale means you already share frugality as a common trait. You may just see a unique item you like and score a great bargain while obtaining a date in the process.
Once you are successful and have met the perfect person, spending a day by the lake with a picnic
basket lunch provides romance and relaxation without having to spend large sums of money. Enjoy
an affordable weekend camping excursion which includes hiking, mountain biking and nights by the
campfire spent star gazing. This is a frugal way to enjoy each other's company. Opportunities for dating are easily available and do not require breaking your monthly budget in the process.
About the Author:
Jennifer O’Connell is a personal finance expert who educates people about the
benefits of frugal living, especially when it comes to improving the quality of their lives. In her spare
time she runs a consignment boutique in Miami and is a busy mom to 2 young boys.